Color2GMS for Aseprite
A downloadable Aseprite script
Color2GMS is a Lua script for Aseprite that allows you to convert your Aseprite project's colors to Game Maker Studio-compatible hexadecimal values in
$bbggrr format, either from your currently selected Foreground and Background colors, or by exporting your sprite's entire palette as a
What It Does:
Color2GMSwill show your currently selected foreground and background colors in
Color2GMSwill export your current sprite's entire palette as a
.txtfile listing all colors in
Color2GMSwon't work if you are not working on a Sprite.
- In Aseprite, go to
File > Scripts > Open Scripts Folder. This should open an Explorer window on
<Aseprite program folder>/scripts.
- Copy the file
Color2GMS.luato this folder, close Explorer and restart Aseprite.
- The next time you open Aseprite, the Script will be available for you to use in the
- While editing a Sprite, go to
File > Scripts > Color2GMS, and this will reveal a new pop-up dialog.
- The pop-up dialog explains what the different options allow you to do to obtain the
- Two text entry fields, filled with the
$bbggrrhexadecimal values of your currently selected foreground and background colors, are available from the start.
- Pressing the
Refresh colorsbutton will update these values, in case you have changed them by either editing the current colors or selecting different palette colors.
Export current palette
- You can also export the current sprite's palette values to a text file in the same
- By clicking on the button labeled
...you can choose in which file to export these hexadecimal values.
- Pressing the
Exportbutton will prompt Aseprite to ask you to give the
Color2GMSscript access to the file for saving.
Allow Write Accesswill allow the script to save the hexadecimal values to the file, which you can open in any text editor.
- Your sprite palette's hexadecimal values are sorted in the file by palette index number, reading from your palette from left to right, from top to bottom.
- Be warned that the script will overwrite the file without asking, so make sure to backup previous files or the data in them!
- When you're done obtaining the values you needed, you can close the dialog by pressing the button labeled
In case of a bug or any other kind of unintentional behavior, feel free to contact me at
kidmarscat [at] gmail.com or leave a comment below.
2020–05–19 – 0.1 – First Release