Vanilla Doom Actions
A downloadable Doom tutorial map
Current version: 1.1 (2020/01/16)
A simple Vanilla Doom (II) map featuring all available linedef and sector actions. It includes:
- Floor actions
- Ceiling actions
- Scrolling Wall
- Damaging floors
- Secret rooms
- Level exits
- Each section has floor text indicating what actions are available in it.
- Actions are identified by their action number using sector text placed outside of the gameplay boundaries, to the right of each sector.
- An automap pick-up is provided to readily be able to see available information while in gameplay.
- Teleporters are available next to each section for faster travel.
- "Once only" actions are denoted with a small No. 1 crate to the left of the room (in front and below in the editor).
- Monsters are also placed behind actions they can activate; use -nomonsters if you want to test these actions without their interference.
- Also, barrels are available in the crushers section to exemplify how actors would interact with them.
Built using Ultimate Doom Builder by ZZYZX and crew.
Tested using Chocolate Doom by Simon Howard.
"Out of sector" action number text idea thanks to Scypek2.
The purpose of this map is educational. Feel free to modify this map and distribute it anywhere you want, especially if you think these examples could be better implemented.
This map requires the Doom II PWAD and a Doom II Executable to work. For more info on how to run this map, read the Doom wiki.
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.